Questions for Rough Draft
As responders to a paper, you should always be polite, attentive, and remember—you’re next.
- I really like . . .
- I was confused by . . .
- You use good detail here . . .
- You need more detail here . . .
- Does the first sentence/paragraph pull you in?
- How is the organization of paragraphs?
- How strong is the conclusion?
- Could dialogue be used, and where?
- Summarize in 2-3 sentences.
- Make specific suggestions for 2nd
Questions for Second Draft
- Active and passive verbs
Note to writer:
- How has paper changed?
- How is it better?
- What still needs work?